CD permission denied for users other than root -- HELP

Hello
When I log in with the user I created during installation I get the following error if I double click on the CD

Error while intializing the sound driver:
device /dev/dsp can't be opened (Permission denied)
The sound server will continue, using the null output device.

What can I do to solve this?

EJ