FC 4 Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG issues

Just got a new Toshiba TECRA A4 laptop with the Intel (2915ABG) wireless, which is not faulty (tested in Windows). After loading FC4 I discovered there is not firmware for the adapter included, so I have tried various versions of the firmware and driver including the latest 1.04 and 2.3 and the only one that appears to be successful without errors is:
- ipw2200-1.0.0
- ipw2200-fw-2.2

Using the above versions the Intel adapter is reconised on bootup and also when doing a rmmod ipw2200 and modprobe ipw2200. When doing a network restart or a system restart the only error I am getting at the moment is:
- # ipw2200: failed to send SCAN_REQUEST_EXT command

I was wondering if anyone has come across a fix for the problem??

--
Regards,

Samuel Sharpe