Re: Missing Harddrives

Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 19:10:21 +0100

Akbar Ali wrote:

> Hey. I' sent an email to the list, but I must have sent it to the
> wrong address or something.
> I' just got a DELL SC1425 server, and am trying to run fedora core 3,
> but it's telling me I have a missing hard-drive. any of all run into
> this and/or know how to fix it.
> The drives are SCSI

How exactly does it tell you this?
Do you get a panic?
Does the kernel hang?
If so what is the last message?
Etc

--
Timothy Murphy

If it is when you try to install FC3 it could be that the CD doesn´t have the drivers for it. I had a similar problem on my dell with sata-drives. Maybe you could try with FC4. it should have the right drivers but I don´t know

Fredric