Info: NeroLINUX published - Nero burning software for Linux platforms

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Mon Mar 14 00:10:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 23:40 +0000, a a wrote:
> > However, it still stands that I cannot even try NeroLINUX until I have
> > registered and presumably have paid for the product.  Their advertising
> > of FREE is thus not totally true.  Sean's comment about paying for
> > something and getting no support still stands as well.
>
> you are paying for the windows version and then because they have a
> new project they give you access to the linux version on a limited no
> support license, they have no intention of releasing an open source
> version into the linux domain cos they know already how it will be
> received
>
> as i already said this is for the windows linux cross-over users who
> have zero knowledge of linux history and will love a familiar strong
> brand like Nero

I do not disagree with the approach of a trial balloon into the Linux
world, and I do not expect them to make it free or open source.

My comment was based on the advertising of FREE as well as your rather
rabid response to Sean's post.

My view of someone wanting me (An admitted M$-phobe) to pay for
something to even try it, when I have many choices that are both free
and open source and most of which work as well or better than their
counterparts in the M$ world is not favorable.

It is a free market and I wish Nero the best.  They are, without a
doubt, one of the best in their field on the Microsoft OS, and have a
chance to gain that same reputation on Linux as well.