Yum not updating

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Fri Nov 4 14:10:22 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 November 2005 08:44, Temlakos wrote:
>Dotan Cohen wrote:

[...]

>If I might add my own two cents/pence/centimes/pfennigen/dinars/etc:
>
>THis morning I attempted my morning update using smart. I could not
>raise livna by any channel whatsoever--not by a repo-metadata channel,
>and not by the apt-rpm channel that installs with the atrpms version of
>smart. Fortunately, when smart has a problem with any given channel, it
>just moves on. I suspect, however, that livna has had a bunch of
> crashes.
>
>Temlakos

You are not alone, livna.org has also died here. I assumed the machine
was down and that it would get elbowed in the ribs to wake it up, but
after
2+ days of no contact, during the week, that seems a less likely
situation.

Here, yum hangs for an extended time before erroring out while
attempting to access livna.org.  Several minutes.

So we are wondering when it will be restored as I understand there is
gtk2 update because of serious security concerns.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)