Disabling kgameportd?

patrick gibblertron at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 20:07:55 UTC 2005

I'm building a bare-bones FC4 system, and I'd like to turn off any
processes that I don't need. One obvious one I see in my process list
is kgameportd -- the only problem is that I can't figure out what is
starting it, and more so, how to not have it get started.

Also, is seems like there are numerous services that have no man page
or documentation all together. For example, I would assume kmirrord
would have something to do with RAID, but again, I can't find any
documentation. And if I'm correct, I would like to disable this, too,
as I'm not using any RAID stuff...

Does anyone know how to turn these off?

Thanks,

Patrick