Disabling kgameportd?

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Wed Oct 26 14:11:22 UTC 2005

--On Tuesday, October 25, 2005 1:07 PM -0700 patrick
<gibblertron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, is seems like there are numerous services that have no man page
> or documentation all together. For example, I would assume kmirrord
> would have something to do with RAID, but again, I can't find any
> documentation. And if I'm correct, I would like to disable this, too,
> as I'm not using any RAID stuff...

For each of the services, try:

rpm -qilf `which kmirrord`

That should identify the package, and give you a description of the package
and a list of all the files in it. It should give you a clue as to how
they're launched. (I don't have either service on my system.)