Does anyone have Veritas Back-up agent working on Fedora Core464 Bit (agent. be)

John Gallagher john.gallagher at ciosystems.com
Sat Oct 8 15:43:57 UTC 2005

> On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 16:12 -0700, John Gallagher wrote:
> > Thanks,
> >
> > I have a call into Veritas about XFS Support.
> >
> > The directories below the mount point are exported via NFS.
>  This may
> > be a kluge but ..... Could I mount them via NFS in order for the
> > back-up agent to be able to read  the file system?
>
> Well, yeah, you could NFS export the XFS mountpoints, then
> remount them under NFS:
>
> 	# exportfs -o ro localhost:/data
> 	# exportfs -o ro localhost:/data1
> 	# mkdir -p /nfsstuff/data /nfsstuff/data1
> 	# mount localhost:/data /nfsstuff/data
> 	# mount localhost:/data1 /nfsstuff/data1
>
> and make sure you back up /nfsstuff.  We do something similar
> using Samba to handle the case-insensitivity of VFAT
> filesystems with virtual host websites where the twits wrote
> their code assuming Winblows IIS.
>
> Yes, it's a kludge, but it _should_ work.  And as Henry
> Kester once said, "If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid."
>
> > My only other options are to use Samba or a NFS mount from
> the back-up
> > server (W2k OS).
>
> Yeah, that's another option.

Per the instructions above I mounted the file system using NFS to localhost
to test a work around for the XFS issue.  All we can see are files at the
root of the backup agent export but not any of the sub directories.  I also
mounted another NFS server to rule out problems with the local file system
and had the same result.  On a FC2 32 bit box running the same agent I can
backup the nfs exported directories from this server.

This leads me to believe the client installation on 64 bit has got some
problems.  I have an open ticket with Veritas however does FC4 64 bit
support installing 32 bit support like RH3.0 64 bit does?

Thanks,

John