Print jobs not printing thru cups

Michael Lai ml at michael.lai.name
Tue Sep 6 13:26:07 UTC 2005

Tim Waugh wrote:

>That sounds like some sort of samba issue.

Talking about samba, I neglected to mention something.  I apologize but
there were too many details.

In the smb.conf, I have the following:

[printers]
        comment = All Printers
        path = /var/spool/samba
        browseable = no
        printing=cups
        use client driver = yes
        public = yes
        guest ok = yes
        writeable = no
        printable = yes

Please note the "use client driver = yes".  I also uncommented the line
"application/octet-stream" from both mime.type and mime.convs.  The
reason for this is because if I don't do this, my printer's status in
Windows would always show up as "Access denied; unable to connect".  I
don't know if this is an issue in my failure to print japanese/chinese
Word docs.