Print jobs not printing thru cups

Michael Lai ml at michael.lai.name
Wed Sep 7 04:02:44 UTC 2005

Tim Waugh wrote:

>You could try the Pre-Render PostScript option, or try another driver
>from the drop-down list.

I did some more thorough testing on the LaserJet1300 printer.  I tried
the Pre-Render PostScript option and all the other drivers.  I even
turned the samba config "use client driver" on and off to see its effect
but to no avail.  I found that the limitation is not just limited to
chinese/japanese Word docs.  It is all Word docs period.  The only items
I can print from are Notepad docs.  I tried converting a Word doc to pdf
and print from acrobat but to the same effect.

Any ideas?