[OT] .Net web apps on Firefox

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 17:37:09 UTC 2006

On 12/1/06, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at rogers.com> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Do web apps built on .Net work with Firefox on Linux distros?  I think
> the answer to that question is no, but maybe I'm wrong.

I would suggest a little more catching up on current tech on your side
- no offense.

web apps are (supposed) to be inherently client os independant. If
there is any reliance, it would be due to activex, and would limit
things to IE on Windows (or IE on Wine if you're lucky)

> I'm asking because a security camera system a client uses is being moved
> to a web based .Net app.

That _should_ make it more accessible, not less

> I don't know anything about .Net except that
> it's a Microsoft development environment (and maybe even that's wrong!),
> and that .Net apps don't run on Linux.

It's more of a Microsoft runtime environment. Think of it as yet
another layer of abstraction between the software and the computer.

Peace
--
Fedora Core 6 and proud