Samba problems - printing solved

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 15:10:11 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 12:06, Craig White wrote:
> home share.
>
> Cups by default does not share printers - you have to tell it to do
> that. All you really need to do to share a printer is to use
> system-config-printer and indicate which printer you want to share. It
> seems that you want to complicate things.

Sometimes the need to define the problem to post to list helps you get focus.
I had printer entries visible in system-config-printer that were not
shareable, or editable.  I opened up the cups config screen and deleted the
entries, then re-added them from system-config-printer.  They are now usable
on other boxes on the lan.

Now I need to solve the problem of 'homes'

Anne