Samba problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 20:15:40 UTC 2006

On Monday 13 February 2006 19:26, Jeff Vian wrote:
Hi, Jeff.  There doesn't seem to be any easy answer to this.

> system-config-printer is not cups.
> Configure them with your browser at localhost:631 to set the printers up
> in cups.

That's what I did first, but couldn't get them to be shareable.

> I had problems with remote hosts using my local printer when set up
> using system-config-printer but when I used cups it seemed ridiculously
> easy.

I set them up with system-config-printer this afternoon, and the laptop
connected with them immediately, listing them in system-config-printer.  This
evening I moved on to working on the workstation, and so far haven't managed
to persuade system-config-printer to pick up the networked printers, so I'm
not yet printing on this box.

It's always a mystery when something works on one computer and not on another.
This mystery will have to wait for morning, though :-)

Anne