sendmail smtpauth

Michael Thomas wart at kobold.org
Tue Feb 14 14:18:22 UTC 2006

I want to set up smtp auth to authenticate me using my x509 certificate
from the SSL connection established by my mail client (thunderbird).

Is this possible with the sendmail package in FC4?
If so, can anyone point me to some documentation on how to set it up?

Googling on "sendmail x509" pointed me to sasl, which I currently use
for password-based authentication.  I tried searching for "sasl x509" on
google, but only came up with some old mailing list posts from 2000 that
discussed some implementation scenerios.

--Wart