Linux x Windows sound problem.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Feb 14 16:03:42 UTC 2006

Edson Eustachio wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a dual boot machine with Fedora Core 4 and an Windows XP.
> Both systems were working fine until but I decided to update the
> packages using yum (yum update).
> This command have replaced the kernel and other packages on my Linux
> system.
>
> After updating the packages, everything keeps working fine on Linux, but
> the Windows does not play any sound anymore.
> Before update the packages on Linux, Windows was able to play sound
> properly.
>
> Do someone have any idea about which might cause this sort of problem?
>
> Thanks a lot for any help.
>
> Edson Eustáchio

I would suggest that you ask in a Windows forum but that will just get
the comment that Fedora is bad and Windows is good so you should
remove Fedora. :)

I don't do Windows but is it possible that Fedora leaves your card in
a muted state?  On my laptop, I have to turn on a flag to get sound
using the mixer.  Without knowing your sound card, it is hard to tell.

Try uninstalling the sound card and let Windows install it again.

--
Robin Laing