How to compile in Fedora?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Wed Jan 25 08:22:41 UTC 2006

David Boles wrote:
> Mandriva's package named kernel-source is named kernel-devel in Fedora

Not quite. rpm -qi kernel-devel says (among a lot of other things...)
    Description :
    This package provides kernel headers and makefiles sufficient to build
    modules against the kernel package.

It's not the full source.

If you do need the full source, see the FC4 release notes: by default,
they're the home page in Firefox. Look at section 6.2.2, which explains
all this.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The camel has a single hump;
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | The dromedary two;