Best/energy efficient CPU/Chipset/Motherboard for 64bit Fedora?

dondi_2006 dondi_2006 at libero.it
Tue Jan 3 08:24:55 UTC 2006

James wrote

> I wrote:
> > At least my Asus NF4 motherboard seems to support everything
> > with Open Source software. Everything I need, anyway.
>[it is] a A8N-SLI ATX motherboard (which won't fit your case),
> with a NForce 4 SLI chipset.
> [...] I have seen (and used under Windows) a micro-ATX
> version of this board... it looks like
> http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=15&l3=0&model=768&modelmenu=1
> is the current equivalent

Thanks James, I'm looking at the specs right now.
The only things missing are a DVI output (that is, need to
buy extra graphic card which would create more cooling problems)
and I have to figure out if SATA II is supported and how under
Linux for this board (feedback appreciated!), but seems promising.

Later,
Webber