what is the grub step?!

jack craig jackc at imageintegration.com
Tue Jan 10 03:05:42 UTC 2006

yes, i did the break into a bios setup, removed the cd, let post restart
and grub> was my reward.

what pissed me off was that find /proc/grub/stage1  was not present
saying lots of useful stuff wasnt there. (path above might not be exact,
its late)

i realize you cant judge the entire distribution from the behaviour of,
i would guess
low level hw access, but i do need a higher level of confidence than this
before i will move my desktop to it. my desktop has to be stable.

as thsi is a vanilla dell desktop, its a mystery to me what could be an
issue. this same hw has supported netbsd and other revs of linux.

i dont suppose anyone on this list has an interest in debugging this
by sending me a set of diagnostic steps i could try?

just a thought, jackc... (note jackc == jcraig)

--
Jack Craig          jackc at imageintegration.com          831-684-1375