FC5 and Mac OS X

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 07:33:21 UTC 2006

On 7/10/06, Matt Beals <matt at mattbeals.com> wrote:

> I'd like to install FC5 on my Apple PowerBook G4. I would prefer to
> not have to reformat and partition my hard drive to do this. Has
> anyone tried this? What do you think?
>
> Matt Beals
> Consultant
> Enfocus Certified Trainer, Markzware Recognized Trainer
> (206) 618-2537 - cell
> (720) 367-6869 - fax
>
> Friends don't let friends write HTML email
>
> come visit me at:
> http://www.mattbeals.com
> http://www.actionlistexchange.net
> http://www.mattbeals.com/blog/
>

> --

Hi Matt!

Interesting idea!  Would like to hear how it comes out.

If the HW will allow a USB boot why not buy an external drive and put FC5
there.  Plug in the drive and run FC5.

I do not recall the Apple file system type but you may be able to format the
drive so that the drive could be useful booted or not.

Just some thoughts.

Have fun with your project!

Tod

BTW - why the interest in FC5?