New Motherboard Install

Don Maxwell don.maxwell at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 14:20:57 UTC 2006

On 6/30/06, Randy Wyatt <rwwyatt01 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will you be changing  the CPU?  and do you use the generic kernel as
> provided by redhat?
> I have brought up redhat after a moterboard and CPU change just fine.
> It only required a little modification.  You will have to reconfigure
> X after the system comes up  so you may want to make sure that you
> boot into runlevel 3.

Yes, the CPU will change but the good news is that I use the generic
kernel from FC5.  No recompiles on this system.

Reconfiguring X does concern me a bit.  It has been 5 yrs since I last
fiddled with such things.  I am afraid that all the advances in Linux
installs with X configs that actually work has left me spoiled and
lazy!  :-)

Very good point about booting into runlevel 3!

Thanks!