page fault death

William Murray w.j.murray at rl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 27 21:38:31 UTC 2006

    Help please!,
                   My laptop is still dead. It page faults in 'make
udev' when I try to boot FC5.  Typically the routine name:

show_trace_log_lvl

   is seen in the traceback; eip deference error may be reported.
WWW searching suggest a memory chip error, but I have two other systems
on the same machine which work perfectly.
     Using the rescue disk I removed udev and yum installed it, also
tried selinux and prunning /etc/fstab. No change.
    Is there a way to mass-verify all rpms? or what else can I try?

      Bill