page fault death

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 28 04:09:21 UTC 2006

William Murray wrote:
>    Help please!,
>                   My laptop is still dead. It page faults in 'make udev'
> when I try to boot FC5.  Typically the routine name:
>
> show_trace_log_lvl
>
>   is seen in the traceback; eip deference error may be reported.
> WWW searching suggest a memory chip error, but I have two other systems
> on the same machine which work perfectly.
>     Using the rescue disk I removed udev and yum installed it, also
> tried selinux and prunning /etc/fstab. No change.
>    Is there a way to mass-verify all rpms? or what else can I try?
>
>      Bill

Check the archives for a posting regarding a problem with udev.
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2006-March/msg05208.html

The attached script will check for duplicates.

If you want to verify content of the rpms for missing components,
running rpm as root with the -qaV switch and redirecting its output to a
file will show you missing files, data changes, permissions and the like.

Jim