beagled persistence [was: Do I Really Want Beagle??]

On Tue, 2006-03-21 at 16:27 -0800, Gordon Messmer wrote:

> http://nat.org/demos/
>
> It's a set of tools that maintain an index of your files' contents for
> fast searching.  Properly configured, it can do live searches as data in
> your files changes.

OK, here's my question: How do I make beagled persistent in FC5?

I went to System / Preferences / Search & Indexing and selected "Start
search..." but beagled does not start with the next Gnome session.

I had to add beagled to System / Preferences / More Preferences /
Sessions / Startup Programs - but somehow I doubt that's the best way to
achieve persistence.

Bug? User cluelessness?

--
Florin Andrei