Re: new question on mediacheck

Anil Kumar Sharma wrote:

Thanks Jim, but same was the case when I started with FC4.

Back to main problem.
UC, In the updates that are announced by fedora-announce-list, each file's sha1sum is available. Can somebody point where the sha1sum of individual file can be found for the files included in the release iso's.
I just didn't see / notice this simple thing.

--
Anil Kumar Shrama

I usually rely on the file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

referenced in the repo files for yum to verify authentication.

You probably can verify each package using sha1sum using the key against the sum referenced in the announcement. I have not tried that approach. The approach seems a bit time consuming for many updates included. The packages should be signed using the key referenced above.

Jim

--
About the only thing on a farm that has an easy time is the dog.