Re: Trouble booting new kernel, can't find VolGroup00 (Solved)

> I've successfully installed Fedora 5 on my home machine and I just
> completed a fresh kernel compile (need a few drivers). I left all
> the LVM/RAID stuff turned on but turned off various things I didn't
> need (stuff for laptops, etc). Now when I boot the machine with
> the new kernel I get:
>
> Red Hat nash version 5.0.32 starting
>   Reading all physical volumes.  This may take a while...
>   No volume groups found
>  Unable to find volume group "VolGroup00"
> Unable to access resume device (/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01)
> mount: could not find filesystem '/dev/root'

Problem solved, seems I removed too many modules from the new compile
and that cuased the problem. Once I removed fewer modules I could
properly boot. I'm not sure which module is related to this problem
but that was the cause.

--
Neil Cherry
Linux Home Automation