fc5 gdb error: Corrupted DWARF expression.

I upgraded to fc5 and I'm trying to debug an application that was compiled with the fc5 gcc using the fc5 gdb. When I try to print certain structures, I get the error:

234       switch (e->sig) {
(gdb) print e
dwarf2_read_address: Corrupted DWARF expression.

I think it's a gcc problem, because I don't get the error when I use the fc5 gdb with an fc3-compiled version of the same application. Has anybody else seen this? Is this a gcc bug?

       David