Re: Yum Install

Dan wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
I have had real success with yum install when told what to get. I want to install Adobe Acrobat and my previous method was to go get it from the Adobe web page.

But I'm not at all certain it is available from yum. If it is, what is key word to use? Now where do you find these key words? I have been not having luck with yum if I try to guess the right key word.

Karl

You can get it from Dries, or you can just get the RPM from the Adobe web page. There should be no real difference. With the one from the webpage, you can yum localinstall it (might get GPG errors though) or just rpm -Uvh it. See fedorafaq.org for the cp line to put the browser plugin in the right place for mozilla/firefox.
-Dan

Well your saying that with Adobe Acrobat just do it the old way. So I am on the Adobe web page and it will be down in 15 minutes. It's a big program. And since this is how I used to do it I will use rpm -i since I'm not upgrading anything.

Karl