Re: FC3 + Updated Kernel (2.6.12-1.1372) + Lost /etc/mtab

Trevor "TeC" Christian wrote:
Good day:

I just used yum to upgrade my kernel on my FC3 box and on shutdown and reboot, began getting errors indicating and input/output error with /etc/mtab.

When entering the directory this file from ls looks like a link that's lost it's link - if you get what I'm saying... I flashes and is points to nothing. The file size, owner and permission sections of the ls -l output all appear as question marks.

What happened?  How should this be fixed?

Thanx
Looking back at root mail, it seems this error may have been showing up from early Sunday morning - after a power failure, shutdown and reboot - during a cron attempt to update the slocate database.

--
*Trevor "TeC" Christian*
/TeC Productions Studios/