Minimum install - forwarding X11 windows

I did a minimum install of Fedora Core 5. Now I would like to add the
minimum packages in order to forward X11 packets to another machine.

When I ssh -X into the box, the Display variable does not get set (I
have X11Forwarding yes in sshd.conf). I believe it is becasue I am
missing the base components to for X11.

Any suggestions as to what to install? I am trying to install a little
as possible.

Thanks.