MIDI

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sun Nov 12 14:55:25 UTC 2006

On Saturday 11 November 2006 17:11, Nigel Henry wrote:

> Anne. You can play midi through Rosegarden4, but the last time I tried I
> found that some parts were missing, drum stuff I think. It's a shame that
> Kmidi was dropped post FC1. It used TiMidity as a synth I believe, and
> always worked with no problems, and still does on my FC1 install. I've
> already spent a lot of time looking for midi players, and all I found were
> really ancient ones no longer being developed.
>
> This is not much help, but have a look at http://alsa.opensrc.org/pmidi

Hi, Nigel.  I have it working now, after a fashion.  It seems that I need to
explore soundfonts, as the font I was using is a piano-only font.  I do have
some others, but will hunt around for better ones.

I did look at the pmidi page, and have bookmarked it to look again later.
Thanks for all the help.

Anne