Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000

wwp subscript at free.fr
Tue Nov 14 09:28:55 UTC 2006

Hello all,

such long mouse name to qualify a mouse. I found it a bit too much sensitive
in fact, and whatever the acceleration and sensitivity settings I set using
the GNOME mouse settings, nothing changes at all.

I also fail in configuring the extra button to the left as well as the wheel
left and right abilities.

Does anyone use such mouse? Any hint about how to use those extra buttons and
wheel X axis (I tried Option "XAxisMapping" "6 7" or "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
w/o success)?

BTW, when using `xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 .."` commands, I only found ways to
change the order of buttons, only to *swap* buttons' roles, I suppose that
this command is helpless if I want the paste button to be 3 and 6 at the same
time?

Here's my mouse section in xorg.conf (FC5):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "imPS/2"