Yahoo picture attachements

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Thu Aug 16 04:48:28 UTC 2007

Ed Landaveri wrote:
> Ladies & gentlemen,
>
> I just found out that when I received picture
> attachements on my yahoo mail I can't see the pictures
> on my *.nix boxes. I was on a shame (win)box and
> checked the email and saw the little pictures in
> there.
> Is there any setting that prevents me from seeing the
> pics everytime I'm on my proudly *.nix boxes? What do
> I have to do? Thanks in advance.
>

> Linux user number 433512
> "Free as in Freedom":
> http://counter.li.org

> Choose the right car based on your needs.  Check out Yahoo! Autos new Car Finder tool.
> http://autos.yahoo.com/carfinder/

Ed,
Please be more specific.

- What version of Linux? Since this is a Fedora list I assume it is one
of the Fedora versions, but which?

- Has this ever worked for you on this machine on this or an earlier
version of the OS?

- What are you trying to use to view the mail?
    A browser (which one, which version)?
    A mail client (which one, what version)?

- Can you see any pictures sent to you from any where or are specific
sources causing the problem?

- Browsers and mail clients (notably Firefox and Thunderbird, in my
experience) can be configured to NOT show graphics. Is it possible that
this feature is enabled?

A lot of people can help but more detail is needed.

~~R