Is Fedora a good comparison to Red Hat?

Hello

My first posting here.

I have just finished downloading the DVD iso for Fedora and hope to get this installed on a virtual PC in the next couple of days. I currently work in the IT Industry dealing with projects, support etc from anything to new builds on PC's to installing non standard software.

I am looking to get some Linux experience where most post advertised usuaully ask for Red Hat.

Can someone tell me if Fedora is a similar system to Red Hat so that I can use this better for the experience?
I will use Fedora initially to get the Linux experience but was wondering if this will be enough?

Many thanks in advance.

Paul