install from HD

Does anyone know how to install Fedora from a partition on the local disk?

If possible, I'd like to create a partition on the disk, copy the ISO files into that partition, then boot to that partition and initiate an installation.

Questions:

1) Is this possible?
2) What type of filesystem should be on the partition?  (ext3?)
3) Can I make subdirectories like /images/fc5, /images/fc6, etc?
4) Is it the .iso CD-ROM file that I use?
5) How do I boot to it to begin the installation?

Thanks,
Tom