Re: Disabling touchpad on laptop

On 23/01/07, Marcelo Magno T. Sales <marcelo sales sefaz pe gov br> wrote:
> Thanks. I installed ksynaptics via yum, but how can I access it?
> Typing ksynaptics at the command line gives me a "command not found"
> error, and I don't see it anywhere in Kcontrol.

I don't have my notebook with me right now, but it's in KControl, under
Peripherals, I think. Ksynaptics is great, it can even disable the touchpad
automatically when you start typing and reenable it back right after you
stop. It also may be added to the systray so you can easily enable or disable
the touchpad manually if you want to.

Thanks. After updating xorg.conf as Mathew suggested Ksynaptics works fine.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/linux.html
http://yadya.com