F7/Thunderbird 2 Problem

Carlos Alberto Alves drcaa at predialnet.com.br
Wed Jun 6 00:28:31 UTC 2007

Norm wrote:
> A new install of Fedora 7 went well using the rescue disk to start the
> process.
> I added Thunderbird as my email client after the basic install, the
> first thing I noticed is Thunderbird 2 does not allow for RSS feeds -
> this seems to be a Mozilla issue  but another issue with Thunderbird has
> occurred.  For a while it works fine and then when I attempt to open an
> email it shuts down, usually but not always a reboot resets Thunderbird
> so that it works for a while and then the problem starts over again.
> Has anyone else experienced this?  I am not sure if this is a
> Thunderbird issue or a Fedora issue so I have not submitted a bug report.

1- Thunderbird allows RSS Feeds. I am currently receiving 8 of them.
Just create a RSS Feed as you do with an e-mail account.
2- Never experienced any problems with Thunderbird, but I do not install
it during fresh installs or upgrades. I download a new file from Mozilla
and extract it (as root) in /usr/local. You have to create a launcher
manually.
HTH,
* Carlos Alberto Alves                       *
* Child Neurologist                          *
* Systems Analyst/ASUS Certified Professional*
* Rio de Janeiro, Brazil                     *
* Skype: carlos-aa                           *
* mailto:drcaa at click21.com.br                *
* mailto:drcaa at predialnet.com.br             *