no more /dev/video

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jun 10 22:42:53 UTC 2007

Francois wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I used to use my webcam which worked fine with my system (fedora core 6).
> I stopped using it, about 2 or 3 months ago. Now I want to use it, and it
> doesn't work anymore.

    Hi Fran, it has been months ago since you got your webcam working on
FC6 but I wonder if you recall where you got the information on doing
it? I have a USB plugged Logitek webcam with mike that takes all kinds
of software to get working on Windows. It sounds like a kernel rebuild
is necessary.

    If your getting the huge amount of update stuff I am now as a new
user of FC6 then the kernel you fixed may not be the your now using. Got
to /boot/ and see how many kernels are there. You can direct which to use.

Karl Larsen