FC 6 Install is stalled

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 22:52:05 UTC 2007

On 6/12/07, Stan Dereska <sdereska at verizon.net> wrote:
> Sir,
> After buying a SAM's book and CD from a Microcenter a few days ago, I
> tried to follow the installation
> procedure using a CD but my PC failed to recognize an OS (I've erased
> the hard drive which had Win XP).
> The book describes an install procedure using a CD from  a program
> called "kickstart" that causes my
> machine to recognize the CD, I believe.  How do I boot up to install
> FC 6 ? Where can I download kickstart ?
> I'm new to Unix and Linux .  Thanx for your assistance.
> Regards,  Stan Dereska   a k a sdereska at verizon.net
>
> --

Hi Stan!

I only have a short time here and will probably not be back on the
forum for some time.  For us to help you you will need to suppy more
information:

Computer Brand, Model, type of HD or other storage.

What you are trying to install, and from what (a CD - a DVD - where
did you get the DVD.

How did you set the CD or DVD to boot (be recognized as an operateing
system sourch).

Can you download ISO images to make your own CDs?  You might want to
do so and get the latest Fedora.

Please let us know.

Tod