ximian connector

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 21:30:44 UTC 2007

roland brouwers wrote:

>>> I would like to activate an 'out of office' note in evolution. I
>>> found on
>>> google that there is something like a 'Ximian connector' which give you
>>> this ability and even calendar exchange.
>>>
>>> Can anybody tell me what this is, because I cannot find this in my
>>> evolution.
>> yum install evolution-connector, then create a new mail account in Evo.
>> You will have new options to connect to an Exchange server using OWA.
> Does this mean that it is impossible to send an 'out of office' notice
> without using exchange?

The point of the exchange connector is to talk to exchange via the owa
(web)interface and exchange has an out-of-office response feature.
However if you have owa enabled on your exchange server you don't really
need a client.  Just point your browser at the URL, log in, and click
the 'options' link on the left navigation panel.

If you don't have exchange, then you need to work with whatever server
you use - most unix-like systems have something called 'vacation' and
webmin/usermin has an interface for it for users that don't log in normally.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com