problem with sound on my father's computer

Scott Berry sberry at northlc.com
Sat Jun 2 01:44:46 UTC 2007

Well there's another problem that goes along with this.  If the sound card
is on within the Bios and my father boots his computer up to Gnome when he
logs in the icons do not appear.  What might be causing this?  I was getting
a message about too many things being on a serial prot and that 8250 worked
too hard.  I pulled out one of the offending items a Windows modem.

Scott