How to get rid of FC8 stuff?

Joe Smith jes at martnet.com
Mon Jun 4 14:01:51 UTC 2007

Joe Smith wrote:
> Some of the packages have some pretty hairy dependencies (filesystem!),
> so I hope I don't break everything trying to roll them back.

Just a word of warning, rolling back core libraries can/will break
things. I changed from glib2-2.13.2-1.fc8 to glib2-2.12.11-1.fc7 and it
broke yum (and a bunch of other stuff when I re-booted) :-O

Fortunately, running ldconfig and then /etc/cron.daily/prelink took care
of the problem. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which step actually fixed it.

<Joe