F7 automount DVD/CD/usb drive problem I am unable to fix yet

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 17:31:06 UTC 2007

As a regular user (ie. not root) under F7, if I insert a cd or
DVD into the drive, or attach a usb external drive, the system
will recognize the media, but fail to mount with an error of

	Error org.freedesktop.Hal.PerissionDenied

popped up on the desktop. Further information is available which
declares "Permission denied: Not in active session"

When logged in as root, this process happens with no problem.

Attempting to trouble shoot this is getting nowhere fast, and I
have found zilch on the web on regarding this situation. This
could turn into the show stopper for F7 for me.

FWIW, I can mount the media manually after su -ing to root.