SMPT AUTH problem

Franco primo at ischianet.com
Wed Nov 21 08:11:18 UTC 2007

John Summerfield ha scritto:
> Franco wrote:
>>

>> John Summerfield ha scritto:
>>>
>>> Most important, what messages are being logged?
>>>
>>> Be sure to turn on logging for the highest level, if you don't get
>>> useful leads at first.
>>>

>> Ok i have passed to an high log level sendmail and the problem that
>> give me is Login Failed i have also undestood where is the problem.
>> On my server some users are created so user.domain and the
>> authentication for this user work fine, other users created as
>> user at domain don't work because sendmail see @domain as realm but
>> the real user are user at domain and not just user.
>> Any idea to resolve?
>
> I have set up auth on Debian, where I run postfix, so it's not directly
> comparable.
>
> My users who don't specify a domain are check against the default domain
> name which is the name postfix gives in its greeting.
>
> The difficulty I had was discovering what domain it was using, testing
> is all very well, but it's useless testing something that's not what is
> being done.

Hi John i have resolved, i search on many many how too and found many
exsotic solutions :) than i have found a little how too where i see that
into the start parameter of salsauth into /etc/init.d there was a -r and
this -r used to indicate that the username can have @ into its name and
now work with and without @.