FC7 ICH8 HBA (WAS: Re: HP Compaq 2510p - No HD detection)

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Thu Sep 20 15:34:41 UTC 2007

FC7 custom kernel isn't finding your ICH8 controller at all.  You
definately want to file a bug report on this.

FC6:

ICH8M: chipset revision 3
ICH8M: not 100% native mode: will probe irqs later
     ide0: BM-DMA at 0x2120-0x2127, BIOS settings: hda:DMA, hdb:DMA
Probing IDE interface ide0...
hda: TOSHIBA MK8009GAH, ATA DISK drive
hdb: HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD DRIVE GCC-4247N, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive

---

00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation Mobile IDE Controller (rev 03)
(prog-if 8a [Master SecP PriP])
         Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Unknown device 30c9
         I/O ports at 01f0 [size=8]
         I/O ports at 03f4 [size=1]
         I/O ports at 0170 [size=8]
         I/O ports at 0374 [size=1]