PAN Failure -- Help

Roger Heflin rogerheflin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 01:24:57 UTC 2008

MIKE - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
> I am talking to you from my laptop (running F8 and
> pan-0.132-2.fc8) because my desktop (running F7 and
> pan-0.131-1.fc7) suddenly stopped working.  When I
> start pan (under KDE), its GUI flashes briefly and
> then disappears.  Other things, including Firefox
> and Apache seem fine so far.
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Mike.

If you have not already, open a terminal window and try starting it in there and
see if it will give your an error.

It puts its config files in ~/.pan2 and there are some things in there that
could be delete without it being and issue (cache) but others are a bit more
trouble if you delete them.

If you don't get an error I would try doing "mv ~/.pan2 ~/.pan2.bad" and then
start it again and see if it works, if this makes it work, there is something in
the .pan2 directory that disagrees with it.

                  Roger