FC9 NetworkManager & WPA

Devon Harding devonharding at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:35:59 UTC 2008

On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 1:13 PM, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:

> Devon Harding wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 12:58 PM, max <maximilianbianco at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Devon Harding wrote:

>>> wireless on the latest but it may be something else going on there.
>>>
>>> What kind of wireless device are you working with?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Fortune favors the BOLD
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> I tried Ubuntu (Hardy) and got the same thing.  If I choose 'Connect to
>> other wireless network'  I do see the option for WPA, but it doesn't seems
>> to connect to my access point.
>>
>> -Devon
>>

>>  But what wireless card are you using? I suspect your problem may be
> there, its a possibility to explore anyway.
>
> from a terminal as root:
>
> root at localhost# lspci -v
>
> it will produce a lot of output , look for the wireless device it should be
> obviously labeled

Here's the output:

00:12.0 Network controller: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset
(rev 01)
    Subsystem: Fujitsu Limited. Unknown device 1169
    Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 9
    Memory at e8013000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 2
    Kernel driver in use: hostap_pci
    Kernel modules: orinoco_pci, hostap_pci