F10, VMware Server 2.0, and selinux

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Thu Dec 11 22:15:55 UTC 2008

I'm just curious - Has anyone made any progress on figuring out why
VMware Server 2.0 does NOT run on F10 unless selinux is disabled? Even
running selinux in permissive mode causes VMware Server fits.

This has been this way at least since VMware Server 1.x running on F8. I
know because I can recall having to fully disable selinux on my VMware
Server systems for at least that long.

It never seems to have been fixed to this day, and that's a long time
for such an issue to exist. Is anyone working to resolve it?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Only two things are infinite,