Impressions so far with FC 8 and Kubuntu Gutsy

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Feb 8 09:59:26 UTC 2008

Tom Horsley wrote:
> Yea, livna and atrpms and similar repos make it easy to install
> drivers on fedora, but discovering that such repos exist is purely a
> matter of accident, nothing a novice user sees is likely to lead to
> them. If you happen to read the mailing lists and happen to see
> references to "livna" and happen to get curious about what a "livna"
> is and happen to search for it on google, then you discover this
> useful resource, otherwise you just fume about what a pain video
> drivers are :-).

Well, some users might think to google for fedora nvidia.  Those lucky
folks would find the answers they need very quickly.

Those who would fume and flail without using google perhaps deserve to
a bit.  Yes, I'm a bit of a bastard when I think of people that are
too clueless to know how to google. ;)

(Tom, I don't mean to direct that at you in any way. :)

It is hard to fight an enemy who has outposts in your head.
    -- Sally Kempton