Question on Fedora's RPM of Mailmail and Sendmail

Ben Kamen bkamen at benjammin.net
Sat Feb 2 23:28:35 UTC 2008

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Todd Zullinger wrote:
>

>> Now, for sendmail I don't think this same thing applies.  In the test
>> I did I added the aliases to /etc/aliases and things worked (once
>> SELinux was set to permissive).  I only mention this in case there's
>> something different about how you setup the aliases that may jump out
>> at you as a potential cause for sendmail running the mailman wrapper
>> script with group mailnull.
>
> I'm way out of date on how this works, but the last time I looked, the
> mailman wrapper was setgid mailman which should work regardless of what
> starts it.

Yeeaa... one would think. ;) But it doesn't.

Again, I'm using the supplied RPM's and it's currently broken.

I could always recompile to my own needs... but that breaks the point of
using the RPM's and that's what I wanted to really mention more than anything.

Check it out, you'll be surprised (or shocked)

  -Ben

--
Ben Kamen - O.D.T., S.P.
Email: bkamen AT benjammin DOT net       Web: http://www.benjammin.net