Re: Google Earth

This is hard to explain, but in a non-root terminal I put glxinfo | grep direct and my screen went blank, much like it does with google earth, and after a few seconds I had to reboot from init level 3!

   It appears glxinfo is not working right on my F8.

Hate to tell you, but if running glxinfo causes your machine to drop to init 3 (i.e. X dies) then your system is terminally unwell. This is not normal.

If I recall correctly you have installed the nvidia driver yourself, using the nvidia installer ? I would suggest this is screwed up.

Chris